Recording with a Hand-held Recorder
Using an Oylmpus LS-100 recorder, you can record sound effects and/or dialogue on the go at the location of your choice.
Olympus LS-100 Manual
Setting Up the Microphone
When recording audio with a computer, you can often record higher quality audio with a microphone.
- Plug the USB cord into the microphone
- Plug the USB into your computer
- Toggle the button into the on position (the light being blue does not mean the microphone is on)
- Place the microphone in the stand
Recording Directly in Tahoma2D
Audio can be recorded directly in Tahoma2D to save time.
- Open the Record Audio window
- Panels → Record Audio
- Record a track:
Keep in mind there is a maximum length of 9 seconds per track (for most individual lines of dialogue, this is fine - otherwise use Audacity)
- Click on the record button (red circle) when you are ready to record a track
- Click on the stop button (white square) to stop recording
- Press the play button (white triangle) to preview
- Decide if you want to keep the track:
- If you like the track, select “Save and Insert”
- Your track will be placed in the X-sheet
- In the Xsheet you can make adjustments to the position & copy/paste/delete frames as necessary
- If you don't like the track, record again
- Record additional tracks as necessary